Saturday 16 July 2011

One moment of weakness sparked a century of war

It is clear from this account that on this day the war with Raeve began. I shall continue my search for more informative, and clearer, accounts. - Pyrelle


Great War year 0, Sa.I.1:Aen 1

Sarae was crowned early this morning, as the sun rose from its slumber behind the mountains. She was stunningly beautiful, more so than I had ever seen her before. I watched, though I knew I was forbidden. If you’re reading this, I’m likely in the dungeon.

But her coronation wasn’t the most interesting thing to occur today. I saw a stranger about the castle, he held himself like a highborn – but his rags spoke for themselves. I didn’t get very close to him, but I heard talk in the kitchens too. He was from a distant land, somewhere off to the west, they said. Strange folk... do all of their highborn wear rags, whilst their beggars adore themselves in the best fabrics?

Cook also mentioned that he had tried to gain reception with Sarae by walking into the Great Hall itself! It is a mystery how he had gained entry that far without a cry of alarm being raised. Those guards on duty on the perimeter will be punished. Mark my words, that stranger is trouble.

I shall go to Sarae’s room, tomorrow. I wish to speak with her again if onl...

I hear a noise in the corridor. People are shouting. I will go see what is wrong.

They shout... awful things.

They say untruths, they cannot be true. This is not happening. I am asleep. I am asleep and I must awake!

She cannot be dead!


- Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

I liked/disliked... or, I think... should happen...